Hey everybody! Kelly here. Instead of writing a fully formed article I’ve decided to opt to instead write about whatever’s on the top of my head. Expect various links and stream of consciousness babbling to follow.
- The AV Club posted two fantastic interviews this week. One of them with the creator of the FX show Louie; Louis CK, (http://www.avclub.com/articles/louis-ck,58516/) and the other with the host of the hit podcast, WTF; Marc Maron (http://www.avclub.com/articles/marc-maron,58554/1/). Both are great reads and offer slight looks into the minds of the busy comedians. Also, while you’re at it, look up the two episode long interview that Louie CK did on WTF with Marc Maron.
- This week the second season of the British series Luther wrapped up. If you get the chance, watch this show when it airs on American TV. We aren’t making any cop shows that come close to this. Expect a full post about this series at some point in the future.
- Trouble on my Mind by Pusha T with Tyler, the Creator #nowplaying http://hypetrak.com/2011/07/pusha-t-featuring-tyler-the-creator-trouble-on-my-mind/
- Do you think the people who make the Eisner and Harvey award nominations realize that they come off as comic hipsters? Really more like comic snobs. I’m always taken by surprise by the amount of things that I don’t read that get nominated as opposed to what I do read. At the same time, I do like to see the smaller books get exposure that they might not receive otherwise.
- This past week Adam WarRock posted his new New Warriors mixtape on his website. It’s got some good songs and really, what would it hurt you to check it out, it’s free. http://www.adamwarrock.com/2011/07/06/adam-warrock-my-new-warriors-e-p/
- I want to see Crazy Stupid Love way more than anybody in my age demo should.
- The Comics Should Be Good blog is doing an interesting series of posts about easter eggs in comics. Give ’em a read, there’s some cool stuff in them. http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/07/01/a-month-of-comic-book-easter-eggs-archive/
- I don’t think I’ve mentioned it on here before, but I have a small segment on the podcast, Last Week in PoP!, which is part of the Panels on Pages PoP-Cast Network. This past week’s episode was a best of show and can be found here http://panelsonpages.com/?p=40304. New episodes are posted every Sunday.
- If you want to gaze into a void of stupid look at the blog Literally Unbelievable. It’s full of people on Facebook who think that The Onion is a source of real news. http://literallyunbelievable.org/
- The newest episode of the podcast Jay and Silent Bob Get Old features the show that they recorded at the Pabst Theatre in Milwaukee. I was in attendance at that very show and it was a lot of fun. If you’re a fan of Kevin Smith you should give it a listen.
That’s all I’ve got. Talk to you soon.